Phlebotomy and specimen collection is often done by nurses and allied healthcare workers as a part of their day-to-day activities. This hands-on training program enables healthcare workers to perform phlebotomy, collect blood specimen and send it for laboratory testing. During hands-on training, attendees practice phlebotomy and specimen collection on an advanced venipuncture aid.
Who should attend this training program?
- RNs and LPNs
- New Graduates
- Medical Assistants
- Dental Assistants
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Allied Healthcare professionals required to perform venipuncture and obtain blood specimen.
- Purpose of phlebotomy
- Describe venous anatomy and venipuncture site selection
- Prepare the patient for phlebotomy and specimen collection
- Select equipment for venipuncture and specimen collection
- Illustrate phlebotomy and specimen collection technique
- Explain special considerations during blood culture collection
- Explain the order of draw and specimen collection
- Explain to prevent and manage complications
- Documentation guidelines
- Practice phlebotomy and specimen collection