Infusion Therapy Institute
960 Rand Road, Suite 224
Des Plaines, IL 60016
CLABSI prevention guidelines by the CDC recommends staff education as the #1 preventative tool. 90% Or more CLABSI occurs after the insertion, during clinical use. Facilities must teach clinicians to use, care, and maintain central vascular access devices (often referred as central lines).
We provide vascular access and infusion therapy-related consulting services for small and large acute care hospitals, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, clinics, physicians’ offices, and home health care providers.
Our services are available for a few days, months ,or on an ongoing basis. We will keep you informed of advances in the infusion therapy arena, regulations, and standards of practice changes.
Establish New Vascular Access Teams or PICC Line Teams
Whether you are considering establishing a vascular access team or enhancing your existing team, we will work with you from the start until your clinicians are independent. This includes:
- On-site customized training programs
- Product review and recommendation
- Policy and procedure preparation
- One-on-one precepting and competency validation at your facility
Enhance existing programs
We will collaboratively work with your staff to:
- Monitor and evaluate your current practices
- Review and revise infusion nursing policies and procedures according to pertinent standards and guidelines
- Provide recommendations based on infusion nursing standards of practice and CDC guidelines
- Provide staff training and skill validations